Friday, September 17, 2010

It's a new day...

Actually I'm done waiting :)  I give up. As my dear friend Adam told me, stop fooling yourself into thinking you need a man to be happy, you're smarter than that. Point taken. Finally. So instead, I'll focus on my list(s) here and decide what I want to be when I grow up. Just last week I had posted on FB that I finally knew what I wanted to do with my life. 

Oh sweet relief! Oh blessed happy day! 

The plan was to do marketing/advertising for a non-profit (the dream was this one) buy land in southern Colorado and build an earthship. Sweet right? 

Well then this week I began training to volunteer as a docent for the semi-local zoo (30ish miles away) and I forgot how much I love biology and learning about animals etc. My childhood came rushing back to me. A time when I wanted to be pretty much anything as long as it was working with animals. Usually not a vet though, even then I knew I didn't want to go to school that long. Or handle a scalpel. So I'm back to where I was as a kid.  The problem comes in (and why I veered toward a liberal arts major...) was that I super suck at math. ditto for chemistry. There's more than just a little math and chemistry for a biology major.There are of course tutors and such but I'd likely be spending a lot of time at the school, which again is over 30 miles away. And then even if I get past that, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up... a zookeeper?? ... ... ... well, maybe actually... :D The point is that this could possibly change all my plans, even the earthship. So... I'm not really sure. I need to do some soul searching here. Fairly quickly because I'll need to register for spring semester before long :)

I'll get back to you. Soon I hope.

... and I do in fact plan on working on the lists. Really. :)

Oh. I'm going to also try and post daily and include the 5 things I'm grateful for each day. Thanks again DuckieSteph for the inspiration :) So here goes 1) The awesome opportunity to become a docent, whether or not it possibly screwed up all my other plans and gave me a headache :) 2) As my momma was so kind to point out, the fact that I have the freedom to choose what I want to be when I grow up. 3) Chocolate icecream with gummy bears, you know, to cure the headache. 4) Possibly finding a home for Zoe, while it makes me sad, I know she'll be much happier and safer. 5) That it's Friday!  

2 comments:

  1. Gasp! A name drop! Glad to know the idea's working for you! It makes my days happier. =)
    As for the math and biology thing, they're worth learning if you REALLY want to work with Animals. Right now, I'm at a simple sandwich making job [lameish], but before that, I was in construction, and there's a TON of math there too! It's super simple if you apply it to what you want to do.
    Either one you choose [both choices are pretty awesome], I wish you the best of luck.
    Aaaand, I'll have to try the icecream with gummy bears. Definately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! Now if there were someone else reading besides you for it to matter ;) I agree both are pretty awesome, I just need to buckle down and decide! And gummy bears in icecream is the best! They get really chewy. Yum!

    ReplyDelete