Monday, August 23, 2010

100 Instructables projects

Here's my list of 100 Instructables I want to complete :)
  1.  Best Scratching Post Ever
  2. (Unused) Kitty Litter Facial Mask  
  3. Make Your Own Sidewalk Chalk
  4. Terrarium for frogs (I have 3 baby bullfrogs and have been meaning to upgrade tanks...)
  5. Lid keepers for pots and pans (so simple, why didn't I think of this??)
  6. Drinking glasses from wine bottles (could also make vases and candle holders, etc)
  7. Keeping with wine bottle crafts, cool accent lights, (I like to forage in the recycling bins for cool bottles :)
  8. Awesome fake rock/basking spot for Spike.
  9.  Self watering recycled (albeit ugly) plant pots I'm thinking I could use these in smaller scale to plant tree seeds, last time I tried they died from me not watering them before we went camping. This might help prevent such an event from re-occuring :)
  10. Another awesome way to work with recycled glass, very cool after being in the forest and seeing tons of broken bottles and glass. I definitely plan to try this method of making beads.


  11. I have to admit, my dirty laundry is out of control. This would be the perfect solution. I would like to find a way to make it a bit more attractive though...
  12. I'm loving this bizarre TV kitty house. I even have a monitor that I'm ready to updgrade, but I think I'd rather try this with a cool retro TV.
  13. Okay you just have to look at this... So classy! I'm thinking these would make great dog beds too but I'm not sure I want the wall mount ;)
  14. Dog boots = annoyed dogs with warm, dry feet. We get a ton of snow where I live and these could help keep them warm and their pads safe from salt and sharp ice. I'm thinking maybe something a little more heavy duty than fleece though. Maybe something water proof... Maybe a water proof liner... Maybe I'm over analyzing this...
  15. Speaking of tons of snow, I think these mitten warmers will be great for tubing!
  16. Mmmm these look cheap, fun and yummy! Edible Peanut Butter and Chocolate play dough :)
  17. The dogs aren't the only ones who will be sporting warm and fuzzy snuggle boots this year!
  18. This would be a fun project for a group. I'll have to think of a purpose before I make these, but they're just super cute and a great way to upcycle used food cans. Maybe punch holes in it so light can shine through with a candle...
  19. I love these suckers for Halloween (one of my favorite holidays)
  20. A little healthier but still super cute snack for Halloween, or anytime you want a mouth made with food... I can't think of any other time myself.
  21. Another pet project :) This is a creative, cheap and easy auto cat feeder that provides a little stimulation for the little meow monster.
  22. Not exactly a pet project, these cool shopping bags are made from cat or dog food bags. Of which I go through plenty on a regular basis...
  23. A great idea to use empty drink pouches and sew them into lunch bags.
  24. The ultimate green lawn chair. I'm not sure I'll ever have a lawn to try this with, but if not it will my goal to convince someone else to.
  25. There are so many things that can be made with old jeans, this mat/rug uses the pieces that aren't used as often so it helps get some extra use out of those old jeans.
  26. This is pure genius. Perfect for an herb garden. I also want to try it to grow greens for my bearded dragon Spike.
  27. Okay, this one is a bit ambitious, but I'd like to try something similar and see if I can paddle around at a local lake. I like in one of the comments it recommends using house wrap instead of a tarp. I don't know exactly what type of material house wrap is, beyond seeing it on houses in construction, but I like to think of it as the plastic wrap of choice for Chuck Norris to wrap his PBJ's in for lunch.
  28. Hammock! I've wanted to make a hammock for awhile, I think this is a good place to start.
  29. My brother has one of these roll away camp tables (that he bought) last time I went camping with him and I really liked it. How fun to make my own :)
  30. Grow your own rock candy. Need I say more?
  31. Mmmm fruit leather, we used to make these when I was kid. Time to pass the fun on to my boys!
  32. This makes me smile, I'd love to take these square watermelons to the farmer's market!
  33. Vegan Marshmallows. I haven't had marshmallows in years. Until recently. And I feel guilty about that. So I need to attempt these babies. Hopefully they roast well, that part is essential. Now I just need to find a recipe for vegan jello. I know it exists.
  34. These Apple Cider Martinis look festive. and messy. Sounds like a good time to me.
  35. Fire + food = dangerously delicious :)  Bananas Brulee looks sooo good!
  36. I have plans to make these chocolate covered strawberries and eat them all by myself while watching chick flicks :)
  37. I'm a total soda addict and besides root beer, ginger ale is probably my favorite!
  38. I love these homemade mesh produce bags. (really need to fix my sewing machine!)
  39. Healthier air fresheners made with an orange and whole cloves, two of my favorite scents. yum!
  40. It's not just the fact that it looks like some kind of alien jellyfish, after a little time to adjust I've grown to like kombucha and making a mother is much more cost effective.
  41. Here's a video that will hopefully (re-)teach me to crochet so I can make snuggly socks and hats and quilts :)
  42. Homemade bath bombs make bath time just that much more fun :)
  43. Glittens! I love these glove/mitten combos but they're expensive and rarely in colors that I want and these can be custom made to fit your hand.
  44. Okay I'm laughing so hard even as I type this. I want to make one of these snow suits from a sleeping bag and go snow tubing with it.
  45. This camping chair looks perfect for what I want, I hate big bulky packages (right now I own a 4 door car, not a lot of room to pack luxury items for camping). I'm starting to think I need to save up for an industrial sewing machine with all these projects...
  46. This ice cream pint cozy will go great with the chocolate covered strawberry movie day.
  47. This is my kind of crafty, a What would FSM Do embroidery pattern, awesome. I wonder if I could add a little flying spaghetti monster to it... not sure I'm that crafty :)
  48. I've always wanted a denim quilt and this one looks super easy. I'm thinking long strips instead of squares but that might make it more complicated... I've got time to consider while I start collecting old jeans :)
  49. I wish I were as brilliant as the people who create these things! Again this seems so obvious! In the winter my boys and I are always scrambling, looking for hats, gloves, etc. This is the perfect answer! I'm thinking it would be cool to use the convertable mittens attached to a hoodie too.
  50. I can see all kinds of possibilities for these super cute slippers, also great gift ideas :)
  51. This looks like a fairly easy crocheting project with a great use, especially since winter will be here in no time. A crocheted sisal rug. Also those boots are fantastic!
  52. I would learn to crochet just to be able to make this cute little Frankenstein('s monster) guy.
  53. I want to make some of these fuzzy 'monster' socks in bright blue so I can feel like cookie monster :)  I want them longer though. And maybe some for my arms. And a hat. Too much?
  54. Okay, as much as I love Frankenstein's monster, and I do, this Loch Ness Monster is so damn cute I could pee myself.
  55. I love paper mache, it's fun and messy. This is a pattern for a lantern, but I think I might make something similar to use instead of ugly apartment light covers...
  56. I'll take the time now to confess I have an addiction to composition notebooks. I love to write ideas down, recipes, doodles, dreams, etc. But let's face it, unless you want to pay a ton more, usually they're ugly black and white blobbies. This is simple, cute idea to totally revamp these notebooks.
  57. I've been wanting to try to make paper for awhile, it looks like an easy task and could be used for a lot of things like cards and seed paper. Plus I help manage an apartment with a laundry facility and so I throw a LOT of lint away of different colors. Might as well put it to good use :)
  58. This Post-It art is a great idea for cheap wall art for anyone who lives in an apartment or can't otherwise modify the walls (or afford to cover a huge wall space).
  59. I've actually made these awesomely huge paper snowflakes before, but it was at work so it doesn't count :)  I want to make tons of them for the winter holiday season and decorate my whole apartment with them.
  60. I love projects that come up with creative funky ways to reuse items that would normally be thrown away. This is a great way to reuse soda/beer cans for candle holders, jewelry holders, candle holders, etc.
  61. So technically this isn't something you make, but I think it would to go gold panning with my boys, this is a simple set of instructions. Maybe if we get enough we can make something out of it :)
  62. I love the idea behind this, but I'd want to find a way to have it come together a little better. I'm not a fan of the gaps. But love all the different colors of all the bottlecaps in this table!
  63. Super cute little oil lamps made from light bulbs.
  64. Who wouldn't want a lamp made from blue bawls? ;)
  65. I love Halloween (my bday is the day after, double fun) and love finding cheap decoration ideas like this big spider web made from yarn.
  66. Recipe for caramel to make caramel apples from scratch. Yum! I might have to experiment or research a vegan option for cream at some point soon though. Thankfully there are thousands of super creative vegans out there doing all the hard work for me, I just have to find the info :)
  67. I might not wait till Halloween to make this green glowing goo :)
  68. I like these bracelets, but mostly like this instructable as a way to make dog collars. Problem is he doesn't explain how he attached the buckles, which is really all I needed to know... The search continues!
  69. And here's one that goes along with it that I would like to adapt to make a leash.
  70. I seriously want to make one of these jackets! For myself. and get some great boots like the ones in the sisal rug instructable. and then go splash in some puddles. :)  I also like this one made out of ikea bags! Maybe one or two of each?? :)
  71. I've wanted to make chaco style sandals out of tires for awhile. This is somewhat similar, although like it says in the comments the webbing goes through to the outside of the sole... so there has to be an answer for that... probably...
  72. I had a pair of these fleece socks when I lived in Alaska for a summer and I wore them until they were transparent and holey :)  I plan on making lots of these this winter!
  73. Alright. I've tried waxing. Once. Well twice if you count each strip I did. I'm not going to lie, I shed a couple of silent tears :)  But hey this is made from products at home and is supposedly slightly less painful, so why not? I'll give it a try because I really hate shaving all the time!
  74. Have I mentioned that I love instructables and that people are brilliant? This is a recipe to make your own lotion. Can't wait to try it out!
  75. I hate perfume but love citrus scents and spicey smells like cloves, so this 'solid perfume' would be perfect!
  76. I want to make tons of these hair bands, they'll be helpful for controlling my dreads when I do em in a couple of days :D
  77. Okay so this isn't something that I will be making, but it's definitely something I'm going to try. A simple way to sharpen razor blade refills. A great way to save money and better for the environment if it works!
  78. This 'secret sculpture' is really cool, not positive I can make it, but totally worth a shot :)
  79. Another cool art project made with wire. Not sure I want to do someone's face though... I'm thinking a cow face :)
  80. I want to make a bunch of these eyes, and place them on random objects where people will find them and see faces :)
  81. Speaking of faces, this is a way to make a cast of your face. I think it would be fun to do it making different weird facial expressions.
  82. This might be my favorite project on here! I've really wanted some huge wall art and this seems like a really simple and cool way to do it.
  83. I want to make tons of these little wire scorpions, I'm a Scorpio and proud of it :)
  84. This is how to make a snail out of a fork :)
  85. Cute little beaded dragons.
  86. This is a smaller version of what I want to do in my frog tank, I'm thinking the polymer clay would be fine for my frogs (bullfrogs), but I'll find out first. If not maybe I'll just use slate or something.
  87. This looks like a seriously fun project making polymer clay beads. I think it would be fun to make some and then make necklaces, etc and give as gifts.
  88. Another gift idea, although this one takes a little work, making a neat silver ring out of an old quarter. I might try it with dimes to make little rings for my nieces :) **** looking for old quarters. harder than you'd think...
  89. This necklace is gorgeous! I'm not really into jewelry, but I might actually wear this. Plus I'm going to Washington next month, so I'll have plenty of opportunity to hunt for sea glass. One of my all time favorite activities.
  90. I love souvenir pennies. I have tons of them. I'm thinking a charm bracelet as opposed to just a necklace.
  91. I like these bangles too, the little beads are nice touch and they look fun to make.
  92. This one might take some additional education, but it's such a cool little lamp/nightlight that it would be totally worth it!
  93. This would be a fun project using 'plarn' (plastic bags made into a sort of yarn). This is a cool bag, but I'm also thinking it would make a cool mat.
  94. Another great idea, an air-conditioner made from a cooler, ice packs and fans. I think I'd want to use a regular cooler since it's sturdier and styrofoam is clearly a brainchild of satan (joke). If fall wasn't just around the corner I'd be jumping on this one now.
  95. A recipe for homemade sunblock. Awesome :)
  96. Again, this isn't making something exactly, but an 'ible on how to get six pack abs could be helpful. Mostly awful, but helpful :)  After all a strong core is essential.
  97. This one would be far into the future, seeing as I don't have a garage or other suitable area to build myself a garage climbing wall. But I want one :)
  98. These are silly, thus I like them. Condom roses. Maybe the next time I have to go to a bridal shower. Better yet a bacholorette party :)
  99. GIANT bubbles. Nuff said.
  100. And finally, last but not least, waterproof fire starters for camping! Another great project that will use up some of the dryer lint, hooray!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment